1. Contact details
BAYZ. is the controller for the processing of your personal data and established at Barbra Strozzilaan 201, 1083 HN in Amsterdam. You can reach us by e-mail at email@example.com.
- clients of BAYZ who use our Services;
- potential clients with whom BAYZ has made or wishes to establish contact;
- visitors to the BAYZ website; and
- all other persons who contact BAYZ or whose personal data are processed by BAYZ.
3. What personal data do we process?
We process personal data that you have provided to us, personal data generated during your visit to our website and personal data that we have derived from other sources, such as third parties and public professional social media platforms.
Personal data provided by you:
- contact details and other personal data we need to process your application for education courses, training or access to our online learning environment or which are needed for the matter submitted by you to us as a consultant. For example, when you create an account, buy a product or service from our website or sign up for our newsletter. This may include your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card information and how you use the Services;
- contact details and other personal data filled in on contact forms;
- contact details provided during initial meetings, events, seminars, etc., such as data provided on business cards.
Personal data obtained through or generated by our website:
- opening and reading a newsletter or commercial e-mail.
Personal data obtained from other sources:
- personal data available on public professional social media platforms, such as LinkedIn;
- personal data obtained from the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce;
- personal data available on public professional websites; and
- personal data obtained from third parties, such as an insurer, legal or financial advisors.
Personal data obtained from your employer:
- If we have an agreement with your employer for the use of our Services, for example in relation to your education course or training, your employer may provide us with your personal data such as your name and email address so that we can register you for our Services and provide our Services to you.
Our website may contain links to websites of other parties. BAYZ is not responsible for the content of those websites or the services of the parties concerned.
5. For which purposes do we process your personal data?
We collect your personal data in order to provide you with the necessary services or information. We use your personal data for various purposes, for example for:
- To perform a contract in which you have engaged our consultants to provide you with organizational advice or our teachers for education courses and training or our online learning environment. For example, by providing you (with information about) our Services and products that you request from us, managing your account, conducting research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our Services. If you refer a matter to a consultant, your contact details will in any case be requested. Other personal data may also be necessary for the handling of the matter, depending on the nature of the case. Furthermore, the personal data is used for invoicing the Services provided.
- Compliance with statutory obligations. Maintaining records for tax purposes or providing information to a public institution or enforcer.
- Maintaining contact with you, updates regarding our general terms and conditions and other information that may be of interest to you. Your contact details are maintained in our customer system and can be used for, among others, sending newsletters, updates, invitations to seminars and sending information that you have requested from us.
- Improving our product and service information and carrying out targeted marketing campaigns. For example, by resolving consumer or product and service issues, anticipating and resolving issues with Services provided to you, and improving your customer experience. Or by providing tailored content or advertising, such as personalized offers for products and services that may be of interest to you and storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from us; create external marketing and analytics reports. We believe it is important to approach you with information that may be of interest to you. To make this possible, we combine and analyze the personal data available to us. Based on this, we determine which information and channels are relevant and which moments are most suitable for providing information or establishing contact. We do not process special categories of personal data and confidential data for marketing campaigns.
- Improving and securing our website www.bayz.nl. For example, by preventing illegal activity, suspected fraud and potential threats to our Services.
- Creating user statistics. The user statistics of the website enable us to get an idea of, among others, the numbers of visitors, the duration of the visit, which parts of the website are viewed and the click behavior. These are generic reports, without information about individual persons. We use the information obtained to improve our website. We also analyze our customers’ characteristics on an aggregated level and customer use of our products and services to understand customer and market needs, improve our existing products and services, design new products and services, and business developments.
6. Legal basis of processing
We process your personal data only when this is permitted on grounds of one of the legal bases cited in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). BAYZ relies on the following legal bases:
- Conesnt. If we have requested and obtained your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
- In order to establish a contract or in the run-up to the establishment of a contract. If you give us an assignment to provide an education course, training, access to our online learning environment or organizational advice, we will process personal data if and insofar as this is necessary in order to perform the assignment.
- Statutory obligation. Maintaining records for tax purposes or providing information to a public institution or enforcer.
- Legitimate interest. We may also process personal data if we have a legitimate interest and this does not breach your privacy disproportionately. For example, for the purpose of:
- acquiring assignments from existing customers with whom we have a commercial relationship;
- managing existing customers and relations;
- optimizing content;
- conducting and optimizing effective business operations.
We may engage service providers (processors) for the processing of your personal data, who only process personal data on our behalf. We conclude a processing agreement with these processors that meets the requirements set by the (Dutch Implementation Act) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For example, we work with service providers that provide hardware or software, provide hosting services and/or storage space (over the internet), such as retailers, service providers, facility managers, property managers and third-party integration partners, as needed to provide you with the Services and products that ordered or used through our Services. There are also ICT service providers who support us in deploying, maintaining and keeping our systems secure and stable.
8. Sharing personal data with third parties
It may sometimes be necessary to share your personal data with third parties. Depending on the circumstances of the case, this may be necessary when processing your file. There are also statutory obligations that require personal data to be transferred to third parties.
Personal data is provided to third parties in the following cases, among others:
- the (subsidiary) companies affiliated with BAYZ;
- other specialists needed to handle your file;
- if a court decision demands that we provide personal data to third parties;
- if we are legally entitled or obliged to do so, for example if required by legal proceedings or for the purpose of detecting and preventing fraud and other forms of crime or as part of a security audit;
8. Transfer outside the (European Economic Area) EEA
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer your personal data to parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This may be necessary when processing your file. We will only transfer personal data to parties outside the EEA if an appropriate level is guaranteed for the protection of the personal data (for example by using the EU model contracts) or if a specific exception applies.
9. Retention period
We will not keep your personal data longer than strictly necessary for the purposes for which they are processed, unless statutory requirements obligate us to keep your personal data longer.
10. Security and Confidentiality
We do our utmost to take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against destruction, loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure and unauthorized access. We will also take appropriate measures to protect confidential information and personal data and inform the third parties and employees who are engaged by us about the confidential nature of the information.
More specifically: (i) we review our personal data collection, storage and processing practices from time to time to protect our systems from unauthorized access, and (ii) we restrict access to personal data to our employees, retailers and anyone else parties we work with who are subject to written confidentiality obligations and they may be disciplined or dismissed if they fail to comply with these obligations.
11. If you have any questions about your personal data
Every person can exercise certain rights on the basis of the law with regard to his or her personal data. For example, if required by the (Dutch Implementation Act) General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to information about the processing and to access, correct and delete your personal data. You can also object to the use of your data or ask to limit this use. In certain cases, you can even request your personal data and transfer it to another party.
We advise you keep your personal settings and personal data accurate and complete. If you have problems accessing, modifying or deleting your personal data, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through our newsletters we can keep you informed of offers, promotions and other news. You can choose to stop receiving our newsletter by following the instructions included at the end of each newsletter.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, you can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We will gladly assist you with finding a solution. In the unfortunate event that this is not possible, you can always contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.